Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Resources Department – Timaru Hospital
Permanent, Full Time, 80 Hours per Fortnight, Office Hours
Life is a collection of small moments: meaningful moments, challenging moments, moments to remember. At SCDHB, we want to support our people to enjoy more of the moments that matter. Are you ready to join us?
We seek a seasoned Recruitment Specialist who is truly customer centric and ready for a significant role in health care at a point of transformation. We have an enthusiastic and skilled HR team offering support for approximately 950 staff working within our DHB and this role will complement existing skills and responsibilities within this team.
As well as providing Recruitment and Selection advice and support, you will support services and leaders in optimising the staff joining experience. This will involve developing the SCDHB employer brand, identifying and promoting the unique contribution of each role and ensuring streamlined and effective joining and onboarding processes are employed consistently throughout the DHB so that great staff have a positive experience joining our workforce.
It’s likely you will have:
- A passion for recruitment and sourcing the right candidate
- Have energy, vision and the ability to work under pressure in order to achieve clear goals on time
- A proven background in contemporary recruitment practice methodology, (including being social media savvy in regards to leveraging/building viable candidate pipeline potential) plus have a good grasp of effective employer branding strategies and future workforce planning needs
- The ability to continuously review current practices and procedures to ensure we are improving how we recruit, select and onboard new employees
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, which is vital for interaction with colleagues, clinical and non-clinical personnel, managers, potential employees and external agencies to foster a positive culture
- Proven commitment to high customer service and candidate care
- Exceptional organisational skills and can priortise a busy workload
- Solid experience and skills with applicant tracking systems and other IT systems
- Knowledge in PhoenixATS will be an advantage
- Experience in developing and maintaining an advisory/Business Partner support relationship with a wide range of line managers (clinical and non-clinical)
- The ability to contribute creatively and collaboratively as well as practically to redesign and realign systems and process
- Willingness to help the broader HR support services as part of supporting the wider HR team activities
Why choose South Canterbury DHB?
As one of the country’s smaller DHBs our people always have room to move and grow - you’ll get a wider exposure to specialties and enjoy the benefits of a flat structure: processes that run smoothly and a fun, friendly culture. With us, you’re more than just a number; you’re part of a team where everyone knows your name.
On top of all that, you’ll get to enjoy the fantastic Timaru lifestyle: between the beach and the mountains, work-life balance is truly achievable here.
At SCDHB, integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect and excellence are at the heart of everything we do. We are a proudly diverse team, as we know a diverse and inclusive workforce achieves the best outcomes for our patients and communities. If you share in these core values and bring them into every aspect of your patient care, we can’t wait for you to join us.
Apply now - this moment is yours!
Please apply for this vacancy online at https://scdhb.careercentre.net.nz
We look forward to receiving your application directly via our Careers Site.
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact Human Resources by phoning 03 687-2230.
Applications close OPEN 2022
This job advert may close early once a suitable applicant is found.
As part of our duty of care towards our patients, it is crucial that all patient-facing staff be fully immunised. If you have made it to the later stages of recruitment, you will be expected to produce your immunisation records for infection control purposes.