Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Finance Department – Timaru Hospital
Full time, Office Hours
Life is a collection of small moments: meaningful
moments, challenging moments, moments to remember. At Te Whatu Ora - South Canterbury, we want to support
our people to enjoy more of the moments that matter. Are you ready to join us?
Here is an opportunity to
utilise your broad accounting
skills. If you like variety and thrive in a busy environment then you will
enjoy this role. As a management accountant, you will be responsible for
providing high quality analysis, reporting and advice to support performance
monitoring and decision making for our healthcare services. The role is also responsible for, tax and balance sheet reporting, cashflow management and reporting along with assisting with the preparation of month and year end financial reporting. It will also include month financial reporting of the subsidiary.
Other responsibilities include:
- Provide analytical and financial support to management and clinical staff throughout the hospital services
- Drive process and system improvements to ensure data integrity
- Provide support and training to educate staff in using financial information and reporting tools
with budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis and reporting
applicant will be self-driven with excellent time management skills and will
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and experience
- Past experience in a finance/accounting role
- Strong accounting and systems skills
- Adaptable to changing needs
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- An eye for detail and the desire to probe further into data
- Deadline orientated and an ability to adhere to time constraints
Microsoft Excel skills
If you pride yourself on your high quality accounting and
reporting skills, and are driven to provide excellent service, we want to hear
Why choose Te Whatu Ora South Canterbury?
of the country’s smaller districts our people always have room to move and grow
- you’ll get a wider exposure to specialties and enjoy the benefits of a flat
structure: processes that run smoothly and a fun, friendly culture. With us,
you’re more than just a number; you’re part of a team where everyone knows your
of all that, you’ll get to enjoy the fantastic Timaru lifestyle: between the
beach and the mountains, work-life balance is truly achievable here.
At Te Whatu Ora South Canterbury, integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect and excellence are at the heart of everything we do. We are a proudly diverse team, as we know a diverse and inclusive workforce achieves the best outcomes for our patients and communities. If you share in these core values and bring them into every aspect of your patient care, we can’t wait for you to join us.
Please apply for this vacancy online at https://scdhb.careercentre.net.nz
We look forward to receiving your application directly via our Careers Site.
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact Human Resources by phoning 03 687-2230.
Applications Close: February 2023 (this may close earlier if a suitable applicant is found)