Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Clinical Nurse Specialist - Oncology
Oncology Services – Timaru Hospital
Permanent, Part-time, 32 hours per fortnight, (0.4 FTE)
Weekdays, Office Hours
Every moment matters is not only our vision, it is our commitment to enhance the health and independence of the people of South Canterbury. We do things differently at the SCDHB, we believe extraordinary leadership can emerge from anywhere in our workforce, and the best ideas tend to come from staff closest to our patients and our patients themselves.
A Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) position has become available to join our existing team. As Oncology CNS, you will provide person-centered care to patients receiving treatment and active surveillance under the oncology service; and support to other health professionals caring for people with cancer across the spectrum, commencing at the point of diagnosis, right through the treatment continuum to survivorship, or transition into palliative care services.
The Oncology CNS is an advanced practice nursing role that provides leadership, knowledge and skills within three spheres:
1. individual case management
2. collaborative support to other health professionals in the management of oncology patients
3. Participation in the development of cancer services locally, regionally and nationally
Role Requirements include:
- Registration with the Nursing Council of NZ and a current APC
- Relevant postgraduate level 8 qualification (or be working towards within 12 months of appointment) will be an advantage
- Significant level of relevant clinical experience
- Proven expert clinical assessment skills
- Functions as an autonomous practitioner
We are open to nurses with little experience in oncology but are interested and willing to be trained up or ‘up-skilled’ to be able to perform this role. We are looking for someone motivated to join, as there will be a lot of self-study and self-learning involved along with performing clinical duties.
Please apply for this vacancy online at https://scdhb.careercentre.net.nz
We look forward to receiving your application directly via our Careers Site.
If you have any questions regarding the online application process, please contact Human Resources by phoning 03 687-2230.Applications will be accepted until 1 March 2020
Job no: KZDM9136893
Location: Timaru Hospital
Closing Date: Sunday, 1 March 2020