All Trades Assistant
Full Time, Timaru Hospital
We have a great opportunity for an All Trades Assistant to join our dedicated Maintenance team.
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, the All Trades Assistant is responsible for assisting trade staff with the maintenance, servicing, repair, installation and testing of all plant, equipment and facilities within the South Canterbury District Health Board.
- Planned maintenance, repair and compliance work, and running of equipment as directed
- General grounds maintenance including lawn mowing and pruning of shrubs, trees and hedges
- General internal and external painting of buildings
- Providing assistance as required to trade staff
Candidates must have:
- A current Full Driver’s License
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in either, Building, Engineering, Electrical, Grounds Maintenance or other relevant Industry
- Good level of fitness and excellent health
- Well-developed communication skills and relate well to people
- Sound organisational skills, including a methodical approach to routine work and the ability to prioritise to achieve outcomes within set timeframes
- The ability to work unsupervised but also be able to work with others as a team
Please apply for this vacancy online at https://scdhb.careercentre.net.nz
If you have any questions regarding this role please contact Human Resources by phoning 03 687-2230.
Applications closing date: Wednesday, 28th February 2018
Job no: BFAN8136353
Location: Timaru Hospital
Closing Date: Wednesday, 28 February 2018